Alzheimer's Society - Cupcake Day
Cupcake Day- 15 June 2017
As you may already know, Dementia is the number one cause of death in England and Wales. I have already written several posts on dementia and alzheimer's as it is a subject that has impacted my life directly,and I am sure everyone reading this post will have been affected or know someone that has. Dementia doesn’t discriminate and currently there is no cure. The Alzheimer’s Society is aiming to change this and they need our help. Your help and the help of cupcakes.
This year the Alzheimer’s Society is hoping to raise even more and this is where we come in. By joining together for Cupcake Day 2017, you’ll not only be helping to create a better world for people affected by dementia today but also to assist in finding a cure for tomorrow. The tagline for this year is Icing. Lots of sprinkles. And a big helping of hope for people affected by dementia. So how can you get involved, I hear you eagerly ask? Easy.
- If you can’t bake - Sell
- If you can’t sell - Buy
Easy as pie cake!
- Bake - Sell - Buy
In the name of charity, I can help you even more on your cupcake quest. The Alzheimer’s Society has even provided you with a handy recipe you can follow to get involved today.
Recipe for Cupcake Day
Ingredients: You (the host with the most), and a heap of cake lovers and generous donors.
- Sign up to host a Cupcake Day and receive your free Cupcake Fundraising Kit by post.
- Ask everyone to save the date: 15 June (or any other day if you’re already busy then).
- Decide where to host your day: at home, at work, up a mountain…the choice is yours.
- Start baking and/or get your friends baking for you (or buy cupcakes from the shop – yes, it’s allowed!).
- Encourage everyone to donate as much as possible.
Serves: thousands of people affected by dementia.
The Fundraising Kit includes:
- A donation box (for the all-important ‘dough’) and Gift Aid form
- Posters to help you spread the icing word
- Cake toppers and decorations
- Fundraising ideas and fun games to play on the day
- A Cupcake Day selfie-frame to help you share your creations on social media
- Lipsmackingly fab recipes from our friends at woman&home
Are you up for the sweet cupcake challenge? Comment below with your ideas. How are you getting involved? Or connect on social media with the hashtag #CupcakeDay If you holding your own fundraising event get in touch and let me know the details. I will happily promote your event between now and 15 June.